Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where is the information we need?

Someone recently asked these questions:

Anonymous said ...
Is there anywhere online where one can read all the details regarding this issue?

We are trying through ELCA Chicago to obtain the information and where it is posted.  I will respond again on this issue at a later time, once we’ve spoken with ELCA National.

Anonymous said ...
I tried to find information on La Casa's website, but wasn't able to find anything beyond the modified by-laws that would be proposed if the vote to leave the ELCA passes.

That is all that is posted at this time, although I do see that the meeting for the second vote about whether or not to leave the ELCA will take place the weekend of November 6-7.  Our website has posted no other information with which I am aware.

Anonymous said ...
I scanned through the proposed by-laws, and couldn't find anything that appears to pertain directly to this particular issue.

We are involved with getting a legal opinion on the proposed changes in Constitution and bylaws later this week to determine what the changes are and spell them out.  I will post them here as soon as they are available. 

Anonymous said ...
As a longstanding member of La Casa, I attended one of the meetings that was held several months ago, but I've since lost my notes. I thought surely that La Casa would post all of the information regarding this issue on the website, so that everyone in the congregation could be fully informed before the 2nd vote is taken.

You would think so, but unfortunately this is not the case, and that is why this blog was initiated.

Anonymous said ...
That doesn't seem to have happened, however, so either there is some other website where all of this information has been posted for our reading pleasure, or for some reason it is being kept under wraps. I sure hope it's the former.

I have found no other website.  Your suspicions concern me as well.

Please plan to attend the second congregational meeting and vote your conscience.  Yours in service to Christ, Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment