Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Don't misinterpret my feelings about our pastors


This came in as a comment recently, and here are my responses:

Anonymous said ...
It is amazing to me, and I feel evil, to hear somebody say the pastors of La Casa aren't Christ centric. The last I heard it's up to God to make those kind of judgments.

I have never said, either publicly or privately, that the pastors of La Casa aren’t Christ-centered.  I'm simply asking why are we left in the dark over such an important issue?  Why are 9 speaking for 3,500 of us?  I want an answer to that question.  I also would like to know who the 9 are, who appointed them, and why I was never invited to any meeting of any kind until such time as the 9 had made their decision.  I’ve said before I have a great deal of respect for our pastors.

Anonymous said ...
Satan is again laughing.

No sir/madam.  Satan is not laughing.  Satan knows he is beaten whether it be on this issue or the next one in line.  We gather in love to make a very important decision.  Satan has no room here. As Luther taught us, "One little word can fell him." I think that word is Jesus, and it's the word that, like love, casts out fear.

1 comment:

  1. Nine people DID NOT decide. There have been six open forums on this issue. Congregational input was sought, and received, not only by the task force, but by the pastors. This has not been a closed or controlled process as you seem to suggest. And, of course, at least 85% or more of the congregation voted to leave.

    You seem to wield conspiracy theories when this process has been open. It is not the leaders fault if only several hundred people show up at meetings . Maybe they support they leadership. Maybe they have more important things to do. Maybe to them this is a no brainer to leave as the ELCA has defied thousands of years of tradition .

    Finally, your biblical comments about ONLY Paul and Moses writing about this are false. Jesus said marriage was between a man and women in the Gospel of Matthew, did he not? I suppose if you got your way our single leaders and pastor could do whatever they wanted to do in terms of morality. It is a sad commentary when people buy into culture instead of being transformed by the bible. The ELCA has chosen to join only the Episcopalians in this , and look what is happening there. Maybe we should stick with the 99.5% of Christians who believe in what Jesus, Paul , and Moses said on this issue.

    ReplyDelete