Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Some thoughts from an ex-member of La Casa

You'll find the comment excerpted below in its entirety here. It's dated September 30 at 10:33 a.m. I'll make a few observations here.

KCGOODYEAR said ...
Thanks Tom for providing this forum. It is a good way for everyone to express their ideas.

My statement about being ashamed of the pastors of La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church comes not from a parliamentary, democratic or Roberts Rules of Order view of by-laws, but from a spiritual point.

Spiritually, I cannot understand how any Christian person can usurp God's authority over another person's sin. The doubt alone that I would not be making the right judgment for God, would be enough to shake my faith in the ability of God's wisdom.

Jesus has told us that he who is without sin cast the first stone...further he has told us that it is he and the Father who will judge.

Yes, La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church may be welcoming to all sinners. But if your sin is not judged by the congregation to be acceptable, you will not be allowed to spread the word and Good News of Jesus Christ through music, ministry or teaching.

Thanks Tom once again for providing this forum. As a former member of La Casa de Cristo, perhaps it isn't appropriate for me to post here. However, it does hurt my heart to see where the congregation is going and I appreciate you allowing me to post.

Glad to have you as a part of the discussion KC.  Your points are well taken and shared by several in this discussion including me.  I feel we are missing the most important Commandment given to us by Jesus Christ contained in John 13: 34-35.  He didn’t specify who or when to love; just that we love.  I fail to see how we can do that by being exclusionary or prejudicial in our relationships with other human beings. I view leaving ELCA will brand our Church and lead us away from our walk with Jesus Christ.

Thank you so much for expressing your views, KC.  We appreciate the time you took to comment on our situation.  Peace be with you!  Yours in Christ, Tom.  

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it is right that you headline a post that says someone is ashamed of our pastors. You are free to disagree, but you are besmirching their names and their work by doing this. Not, mind you, by this blog, but allowing a post that prominently says things that are against Christian charity. This person is not even a member. If the purpose of your blog is promote discussion, good will, and understanding, you won't achieve it by featuring posts like this. I am sure this is hurtful to our pastors.

    ReplyDelete