Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not besmirching

The comment below can be found in its entirety here. It's dated October 7 at 7:58 a.m. I want to make a couple of observations.

Anonymous said ...
I don't think it is right that you headline a post that says someone is ashamed of our pastors. You are free to disagree, but you are besmirching their names and their work by doing this.

I appreciate your comments.  Let me clarify one issue here:  I am not besmirching anyone.  I am posting everything, with the exception of some pretty nasty emails that I personally have received, to be transparent.  I’ll not post the stuff that contains profanity or name calling, and I’ve been called some whoppers since this blog began! But that’s ok; not everyone will agree with me and this I know all too well.  The pastors know how I much I respect them from personal discussions we have had, so to post someone’s opinion will not hurt their reputation in the least.  I do feel it necessary to expose the feelings that are present in this discussion, however. 

Not, mind you, by this blog, but allowing a post that prominently says things that are against Christian charity.

If you re-read KC’s posts, I think this is what they are complaining about as well.  And in their opinion, having been a member of La Casa, I think they have a right to express it in this blog. 

Anonymous said ...
This person is not even a member. If the purpose of your blog is promote discussion, good will, and understanding, you won't achieve it by featuring posts like this. I am sure this is hurtful to our pastors.

I think the more important issue is why this person felt compelled to leave our family.  What was the specific issue is what I would like to know, and is it relevant to our discussion.  We will never know that answer, however, I do think that any member past or present should be welcome here.  Certainly only members should be allowed to attend the congregational meetings and vote on the issue, but I welcome conversation from whomever this issue affects.

Thank you for your comments.  I take them to heart, I want you to know.  And please remember to be present at the CONGREGATIONAL MEETING NOVEMBER 7, 2010 and vote your conscience.  Yours in service to Christ, Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment