Thursday, October 7, 2010

Former member came out at La Casa

You'll find the comment below originally posted here. It's dated October 1 at 1:16 a.m. I wanted to make a few observations.

KCGOODYEAR said ... 
Just a point of clarification. If you read my comment from 9/30, I didn't say that the Pastors were throwing stones. It is my opinion based on my history at La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church, that the Pastors have failed in their Spiritual leadership of a congregation throwing stones.

I am keenly aware of the many things Pastor Garman and Pastor Peters have done. Never did I say that they were bad persons for taking a stand. My great disappointment in the Pastors, comes also with the great Christian love and leadership that they had when I was a member of La Casa de Cristo. My link to membership at La Casa de Cristo was unique and much longer than you could ever know. Also, while I was a member, I came out to the Pastor Carol before anyone else I knew, because I felt that my faith and love of God and the church were more important than anything else. At the time I was assured that I would be welcome, and was encouraged to keep my roles and involvement in La Casa de Cristo.

Yes indeed, all sinners may be welcome at La Casa de Cristo, but the distinction to be made is that if you want to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ at Lutheran through, music, fellowship, teaching, or leadership, the congregation is making a judgment for God, in who is worth of spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ and who is not.

Your comment that I am bearing false witness against our leaders is an interesting one. Shouldn't you be asking yourself the following questions: Are you sure that I am? Are you personally condemning me as a breaking one of the ten commandments? Who am I to judge? Is my faith in Jesus and God so small, that I cannot trust in God to make judgement upon me or this person?

I think if you are able to answer any of these questions in all honesty with a yes, then you understand why I feel disappointed and ashamed in the Spiritual Guidance of the Pastors.

This is my last post on this blog. To the Pastors of La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church. Please review the history of the church and realize the destruction that a schism can cause. The harm it can do to families, society, community and the church itself.

To the members of La Casa de Cristo. Please remember that in less than 50 years ago women were not deemed worthy to be ordained. Divorced people, a non-married man and woman were not welcome to teach, preach or be actively in the Lutheran Church. Many members of the church now are actively involved in leadership roles that live within this lifestyle. Please don't ask them to give up their voice for God. How far to you want to stray from a Christ centered life of everyone being able to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ, to a life unlike Jesus Christ where only a few are privileged enough to spread that word.

God Bless you all in your journey from the ELCA.

Thank you, KC, for your heartfelt comments.  Having been in our family for as long a time as you apparently were, and watching the situation up close and personal, you of all folk probably know why I am so passionate about trying to save this family from taking what I consider to be the wrong path, without at least having full knowledge of what this path and its consequences really are.  There are a couple of things I’d prefer to share with you privately, so if you wish, drop me an email at many.oneof@yahoo.com, and I’ll discuss them with you there.  Peace be with you KC and thanks for your blessings.  I’m sure we are going to need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment